Re: [chat] the 59 deceits of michael moore.

That im not sure about...but typical with media outlets, people take it at face value ...."Michael Moore said Bush and bin Ladens family were close, so it must be true..." Trust me, I hear that...namely when I called my TL after surgery friday to let him know i was still alive, he told me all about it and how all the lies are now out about Bush and the US....some people believe stuff at face value...which could be cool..."this rock came from the moon, i'll sell it to ya for $500!!!" "yeah, sure, its a REAL MOON ROCK....they sellf or $50k on ebay!!!" Suckers.

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 11:22, James Ponza wrote:
On Tuesday 20 July 2004 11:05, Greg Andle wrote:
> in that region. And people who support Moore and this movie, IMHO, are
> about as braindead as a head of cabbage. F 9/11 should have been classed
> as fiction adapted from real world events...not a documentary.

I thought I had read somewhere that it was... wasn't it? wasn't there some
kind of disclaimer which stated that it was meant to be fictional but based
on real events? I could be totally wrong but I am sure I saw something like
that somewhere. For the record I haven't seen the film which is why I haven't
actually commented on it.

> That's my 3 shillings worth
>
> On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 10:55, James Ponza wrote:
> > Does anyone else find it interesting that, regardless of the content of
> > the movie, or the rightness or wrongness of Moore's position, there is
> > more of an uproar (in the mainstream media) over percieved lies in this
> > piece of mass marketing than there was over George W. Bush's marketing of
> > the Iraq War?
> >
> > So if Moore lies who does it hurt? And if George W. Bush lies who does
> > THAT hurt? I think there is quite a gulf between them (so to speak ;) One
> > man's lies have the power to kill thousands of people. Art (if we assume
> > film is a form of art) doesn't always have to represent absolute accuracy
> > in its portrayal - sometimes it's designed to just make people question
> > and think about things... as opposed to mass media, which is designed to
> > stop people from thinking or questioning. Both are probably factual to
> > about the same degree, but the difference is in their intent.
> > Manipulation for personal gain on the one hand, and manipulation to
> > induce a desire to learn the truth on the other.
> >
> > On the other hand, I am hungover and can't remember how my sentences or
> > even thoughts began so if this makes no sense - you know why :P

> > > Ummm Disney told Mike Moore 12 months ago it
> > > wouldn't be distributing the film. Moore kicked
> > > up some crap story to get publicity
> > > and was caught out 24 hours later when people
> > > pointed out he'd known for a year what the
> > > distribution rights for the past year.
> > >
> > > Several right wing republicans have defended
> > > Moore's right to screen the film while
> > > at the same time vigorously debating it.
> > >
> > > If you want to cry censorship kindly provide
> > > an actual example. I can't see any example
> > > of Disney or right wingers trying to stop
> > > the movie being seen by Americans.

> > > We've already established that he's not using
> > > Disney.
> > >
> > > Stuart.
> > >
> > > Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo! Movies.
> > > http://au.movies.yahoo.com
>
>                                Greg Andle
>                          Underground Revolution
>                                Contact Me
>                       ----------------------------
>                      Why's it have to be this way?
>                              Need Hosting?
>                       Free Blogs with no banners.

> Stamp----------------------------------- Your Anti-virus Service scanned
> this email. It is safe from known viruses. For more information regarding
> this service, please contact your service provider.

Greg Andle

Why's it have to be this way?