SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [chat] Snother perspective on the USA's war on Terror.
- To: Greg <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [chat] Snother perspective on the USA's war on Terror.
- From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 23:36:51 -0400
- Cc: Slug Chat <slug-chat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Cc: Terry Collins <terryc@xxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/22.214.171.124i
On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 01:24:12PM +1000, Greg wrote:
> Well, being an American, the only solution to your question would be to
> shoot all the idiots that cause accidents before they happen. Would that
> be a better option?
I know a guy who says that cars should not have security belts on the
driver's seat, and also they should have some spikes instead of airbags
(again on the driver's seat only).
Then you could be pretty darn sure the drivers would actually be very
careful; those who are not will be taken out of circulation in a short
while, so in after a suitable amount of time the numbers of death in
highways would be pretty low.
Impractical, but I find this an interesting idea.
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]dcc.uchile.cl>)