SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [chat] Re: [SLUG] Head & Rotor VE 08/23
- To: Andrew Bennetts <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [chat] Re: [SLUG] Head & Rotor VE 08/23
- From: Jon Biddell <jon@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri Aug 23 16:17:02 2002
- Cc: slug-chat@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 23/08/2002 15:38, Andrew Bennetts wrote:
On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 03:30:59PM +1000, Jon Biddell wrote:
> >Considering ISO-8859-1 and us-ascii are the only two character sets we
> >*want* to allow, well, there goes that idea.
> aqt the risk of being pedantic, why ISO-8859-1 ??? Why not block
> everything except us-ascii ??
Because ISO-8859-1 is a perfectly reasonable encoding for English?
D'Oh !!! Sorry - not enough caffine....:-)