Re: [chat] Re: [SLUG] Head & Rotor VE 08/23

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 15:30, Jon Biddell wrote:
> >Considering ISO-8859-1 and us-ascii are the only two character sets we
> >*want* to allow, well, there goes that idea.
>
> aqt the risk of being pedantic, why ISO-8859-1 ???  Why not block
> everything except us-ascii ??

$ cd ~/Maildir/slug/cur
(peter@fizgig)(cur)(881)
$ ls | wc -l
    720
(peter@fizgig)(cur)(882)
$ grep -il iso-8859-1 * | wc -l
    115

I know that evolution prefers to use the ISO codes.  There seems to be a
significant number of other MUAs that do too.

> >And yes, I'm mildly horrified that I hadn't added it to the filters
> >earlier.
>
> I'm not complaining, just asking the question - people seem to have taken
> it into their heads that I'm some sort of overbearing ogre - I assure you
> Dazza looks more like Shrek that I......:-)

That was nothing to do with my personal opinion.  Could have sworn I'd
already picked up on that one, and I'm genuinely annoyed that I hadn't.

--
Pete
peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And it came to pass that in that time the Great God Om
spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One:
        'Psst!'
                 -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)