SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [chat] Do timezone changes affect sysadmins more?
- To: "Slug-Chat (E-mail)" <slug-chat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [chat] Do timezone changes affect sysadmins more?
- From: Jamie Wilkinson <jaq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Oct 29 15:55:01 2001
- Reply-by: Thu Nov 1 15:31:23 EST 2001
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.23i
This one time, at band camp, invisible ink wrote:
>begin Jamie Wilkinson quotation:
>> I think the main concern is to never have cron jobs lined up between 2 and
>> 3am -- one day they'll never get called, another they'll get called twice ;)
>Why does daylight saving switch at 2pm?
Because you have the sleeping patterns of a Londoner. (That is, your body
clock is 12 hours out).
Basic definition of a server: a machine that provides a service. I was
trying to think of some way of stretching that to fit Exchange. But,
dammit, I can't. Any service Exchange provides is purely accidental and
normal lack-of-service will be restored as soon as possible.
-- James Cort, S.D.M.