Re: [chat] Editor anxiety

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 12:54:02PM +1100, Mary Gardiner wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 12:27:41PM +1100, John Clarke wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 01:57:14AM +1000, James Peter Gregory wrote:
> >
> > > However, when one has thoughts of doing scientific computation with a text
> > > editor it is either time for more coffee or time to switch to emacs.
> >
> > No, it's a sign that you need to get out more.
>
> And being told to get out more on the SLUG lists means you *really* need
> to get out more... :)

OK, so it was pointed out in private email to me that making a cheap
shot like that is pretty poor after the "A cautionary tale" email, and
the thread in which it occurs. This is true.

The only difference I can discern betweem this and the "stressed female"
crap is that this joke was intended to be self-effacing, as well as
aimed at others, but if people don't think the distinction is an excuse
then I apologise.

I'd prefer replies be taken to private email, but I'm more than happy to
indulge in a general (and always very unfunny) debate about the nature
of humour on the list if people so choose.

-Mary.

--
Mary Gardiner
<mary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>