SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [chat] Do timezone changes affect sysadmins more?
- To: "Slug-Chat (E-mail)" <slug-chat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [chat] Do timezone changes affect sysadmins more?
- From: Jamie Wilkinson <jaq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Oct 29 12:36:01 2001
- Reply-by: Thu Nov 1 12:29:48 EST 2001
- Reply-to: "Slug-Chat (E-mail)" <slug-chat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.23i
This one time, at band camp, Jill Rowling wrote:
>If you "know" when all the machine crons are going to happen, do you get
>more confused and jetlagged than your (non-sysadmin) co-workers on the first
>day of work after daylight savings starts?
The trick is to somehow set your clock 2 hours back, like my sister's bf
did, and turn up to work at 5am.
I think the main concern is to never have cron jobs lined up between 2 and
3am -- one day they'll never get called, another they'll get called twice ;)
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on