Re: [chat] Editor anxiety

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 10:18:31AM +1100, Stuart Cooper wrote:
> > Emacs would be quite a bit larger, I'd imagine.
> > I have a a vi reference mug at home (EverythingLinux.com.au has them) and
> > friends and I were joking about the 'Emacs Reference 44-gallon drum', or the
> > 'Emacs Reference Shipping Container'.
> And then there's the 'Master vi in 24 hours' book in the SAMS series against
> the 'Introducing Emacs in 16 months, Volume 6' epic.

I own both Learning the vi editor and Learning GNU Emacs 2nd ed. While the emacs
book is somewhat larger this is largely because things like the modes for
interfacing with CVS and TeX are covered. The sections detailing basic editing
commands are comparable in size.

> There's also an Emacs reference card, for large values of card.

6 pages, 7 if you include the dired reference. Not too big, is it? Especially
given a truly complete vi reference is considerably longer.

But why let the facts get in the way of a perfectly good myth? ;)

--
Mark