SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [chat] Killing run away scripts
- To: chat slug <slug-chat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [chat] Killing run away scripts
- From: Ken Foskey <foskey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Oct 29 09:55:01 2001
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.5+) Gecko/20011012
Tony Green wrote:
* This one time, at band camp, Ken Foskey said:
It isn't hard to do that, but would it not be better to fix the problem
rather than 'randomly' killing processes.
Yes! I dont have time right now! Boots and braces!
Plus... It might actually be Oracle going into Orbit and I cannot find
any specific Oracle related problems on their database. I cannot
convince Oracle that given no processes available and low memory Oracle
walks over itself, I had to delete a few corrupted records from my
server on Thursday.
Thanks I will try the ulimit...
PS: Catie / Mary, thanks for the fun posting....