RE: [chat] Killing run away scripts

Ken wanted to know how to make it portable.
killall isn't portable, only works on linux and does interesting things on
other unices.
All unices I know of understand kill -KILL pid
if you must...

However the root of the problem (as it were) would probably best be handled
on an individual case.
I thought of doing something similar for remote crashed Xterms (user error)
but soon found out that the real processes looked similar to ones that
should be shut down. So I manually intervene.

I like the `at` suggestion, but the kill needs to be the generic one.

Cheers,

Jill.

--
Jill Rowling, Snr Des. Eng. & Unix System Administrator
Eng. Systems Dept, Aristocrat Technologies Australia

----------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email is intended only to be read or used by the addressee.
The information contained in this e-mail message may be confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference
with, distribution, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised
and prohibited. Confidentiality attached to this communication is not waived
or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery to you.

If you have received this message in error, please delete it and notify us
by return e-mail or telephone Aristocrat Technologies Australia Pty Limited
on +61 2 9413 6300.