SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [chat] Killing run away scripts
- To: chat slug <slug-chat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [chat] Killing run away scripts
- From: Jamie Wilkinson <jaq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun Oct 28 17:04:02 2001
- Reply-by: Wed Oct 31 16:57:52 EST 2001
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.23i
This one time, at band camp, Ken Foskey wrote:
>I have a program last compiled in May no significant change in data just
>decided to loop, Oracle update lots of processes eventually crippling
>the box, the database is on the same box. The whole thing took 36
>hours to notice we were having 'issues'. Big brother here we come.
>What I was thinking is how I can register a kill command after a couple
>of hours. This whole process takes minutes and if it is hours then it
>has screwed up. Is there anyway of doing this portably between unices.
% at now + 2 hours
> killall -KILL someprogram
<sneakums> I used to build everything from source.
<sneakums> Then I got wise.
-- #slug, OPN