SLUG Mailing List Archives
[chat] Killing run away scripts
- To: chat slug <slug-chat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [chat] Killing run away scripts
- From: Ken Foskey <foskey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun Oct 28 16:26:02 2001
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.5+) Gecko/20011012
I have a program last compiled in May no significant change in data just
decided to loop, Oracle update lots of processes eventually crippling
the box, the database is on the same box. The whole thing took 36
hours to notice we were having 'issues'. Big brother here we come.
What I was thinking is how I can register a kill command after a couple
of hours. This whole process takes minutes and if it is hours then it
has screwed up. Is there anyway of doing this portably between unices.