Re: [chat] Editor anxiety

$author = "mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx" ;

> Given that the popular UNIX editors are pretty fully featured, does anyone
> else apart from me ever worry that they aren't getting everything from them
> that they can? Does anyone else set aside time to try and learn their tools
> a bit better?

if i do something often enough or it is particulary cumbersome given my
current skill set then i check the docs to see if there is a better way to
do it...

if it saves you enough time then you use the shortcut again, you remember how
to do it and it becomes part of your skill set...

rinse, repeat...

give it enough time and you might have picked up the most important 30% of
the functionality of the software...

marty

--
I always dreamed I'd love you