[chat] MS XP launch on Thursday

> P.S. Anyone going to the XP launch on Thursday fore a laugh and as many
> freebies as you can get  ?  We should have a competition...:-)

I'm thinking about it. I saw an in-place banner ad on smh.com.au for it
that I'm starting to wish I'd clicked...

################
You're invited to the Microsoft VIP XP launch...
Biggest Microsoft launch ever...
################

I'll read a few more stories on smh until it comes up again and then click it and
see what happens.

I'd love to sneak in to Homebush Bay tomorrow (quite close to my place actually)
and hack the banner sign so instead of saying

"Microsoft XP launch"

it said

"Emacs 21 launch".

Now that would be funny.

I'm not sure if attending would make the event seem more successful on TV. I'm
also not sure if I would be dragged out ranting and screaming "you idiots!! use Linux!!"

Anyone with serious info on the launch please email to slug-chat.

Stuart.