Re: [chat] Parenting shock: My son is doing C#

> Now just so I don't sound like a raving lunatic, I have looked into C#, and
> dismissed it as Microsoft trying too hard. If he likes it, _and_ .NET, you
> must take drastic action. Seriously misconfigure a Windows NT box to blue
> screen upon bootup, and set it to reset every 5 minutes with an oven timer.
> Set up a Linux box next to it, and ask him to compare and contrast, and
> which he would prefer. If he keeps leaning towards Microsoft, zap him with
> the cattle prod. (You _do_ have one, don't you?)

Nah, there's a better way, guaranteed to totaly confuse pathetic MCSE's (most
of whom, it must be said, are pathetic enough not to even know how to turn
off the "splash screen" on a Win95 desktop while booting - d'Oh !  Hit the
ESC key !!! "They didn't teash us that in the course !!")

In the boot.ini file, insert;
BOOTGUI=0

Save, re-write-protect the file and reboot... Straight to command prompt...
Scares then pooless...:-)

> (Yes, this mail is tongue-in-cheek)

As is this (all except the MCSE bit !!!)

Jon

P.S. Anyone going to the XP launch on Thursday fore a laugh and as many
freebies as you can get  ?  We should have a competition...:-)