SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [chat] Tracing Spam
- To: Jon Biddell <jon@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [chat] Tracing Spam
- From: Matt Hope <matth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun Oct 21 12:47:01 2001
- Cc: slug-chat@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Jon Biddell <jon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote...
: Have a look at the following headers, noting that references to "localnet"
: are my internal network, and references to (fl.n1t.au) are my ISP... I
: keep getting this spam with a virus-laden screen saver attached, and I have
: a great desire to HURT the person sending it...:-)
Received: from penguin (1Cust215.tnt10.syd2.da.uu.net [220.127.116.11])
by int-mail.syd.fl.net.au (Postfix) with SMTP id D9E3216875
Problem is, this haha@xxxxxxxxxxx usually is a virus, which means the
person sending it was infected. details about this are available