SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [chat] userid from a browser
- To: chat slug <slug-chat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [chat] userid from a browser
- From: Ken Foskey <foskey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue Oct 16 21:46:02 2001
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.5+) Gecko/20011012
Jon Biddell wrote:
About the closest you would get to doing that is get their IP address - and
even then, if they are behind a firewall or proxy, there's a chance that you
would get the address of that instead.
it from grc.com).
Don't worry it confirms my suspicions. This is basically what I said
when I was asked, I just wanted to consult the Oracle :-).
I was wondering whether a JVM might help, this would involve a massive
install of JVMs though and a huge start up penalty. I suppose the
cookie and a first signon is the best option.