SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [chat] userid from a browser
- To: Ken Foskey <foskey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [chat] userid from a browser
- From: Anthony Rumble <smilie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue Oct 16 08:03:02 2001
- Cc: chat slug <slug-chat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Ken Foskey wrote:
> Is there a magic way to get a userid from the browser back to the
> server. We want to do some quiet verification of userids without
> having to officially 'sign on'.
Uhh.. Thankfully.. No.. you can't really do this.
You could track by ip, or by a cookie.. but that would be about it.. and
they could turn that off.
Anthony Rumble - Managing Director
EverythingLinux.com.au - The Alternative Operating System Store
LinuxHelp.com.au - Support,Training,Development,Consulting
Phone: 0500 500 368 Direct 02-9712-1799 Fax 02-9712-3977