Re: [chat] LGPL license w/o GPL infection

begin Mary Gardiner quotation:

> > Define "Fair Use Rights"?
>
> As defined under copyright law. I don't know what they are for code,
> exactly, but it's the ones that allow you to make copies of up to 10% or a
> single chapter of a book for research purposes etc.

Pete and I were talking about this last night - how does Free Software fit
into research purposes? Tough one. Raz was a great reference about this
stuff whilst he was here...

> It's that kind of thing that means that the clause in the FrontPage
> licence about not being able to use it to make sites critical of
> Microsoft "won't stand up in court."

And those "you can't review and compare our SQL server software" clauses. No
one really bucks this though.

- ii

--
  Penguinillas Pack GNUzis