Re: [chat] LGPL license w/o GPL infection

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 08:40:32AM +1000, Catie Flick wrote:
> > Note! You still have all of your Fair Use rights! (It is incredibly
> > important that we not let our fair use rights be weathered away.)
>
> Define "Fair Use Rights"?

As defined under copyright law. I don't know what they are for code,
exactly, but it's the ones that allow you to make copies of up to 10% or
a single chapter of a book for research purposes etc.

It's that kind of thing that means that the clause in the FrontPage
licence about not being able to use it to make sites critical of
Microsoft "won't stand up in court."

-Mary.

--
Mary Gardiner