Re: [chat] LGPL license w/o GPL infection

This one time, at band camp, Catie Flick wrote:
>Anyway, all I really wanted to say was that the GPL (and even the LGPL,
>which is considered a bit of a "bastard child" by RMS) isn't the be-all
>and end-all of free software licenses. People should be educated as to
>the alternatives available and not feel socially pressured by anyone to
>release their code under any particular license. *That*, IMHO, is
>freedom.

ObTwoCents:  Let's not forget, though, that releasing code under the GPL
doesn't indicate that one was duped into it by social pressures, either; one
may have decided after careful consideration that the GPL is the license one
wants to release under.

Not a troll, not reading anything into or implying anything in what you
wrote, Catie.

--
jaq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                        http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg
<Balial> This port may thing it's fortified, butt I seem to be mounting