Re: [chat] "Real" Internet Connections

Thus spake Jobst Schmalenbach, on Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 09:58:07AM +1000:

> On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 07:30:02PM +1000, Jeff Waugh (jdub@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > <quote who="Minh Van Le">
> >
> > > If normal residential DSL is so unreliable, what do the dedicated
> > > servers and ISPs host their sites on ?
> >
> > Minh,
> >
> > Have a look at this page from connect.com.au:
> >
> >   http://www.connect.com.au/docs/permconnections/types.html
> >
> > You can learn a lot about this stuff just by finding out about the products
> > that providers such as AAPT, Connect and Telstra offer.
>
>                          ^^^^  ^^^^^^
>
>                         Thats the sam bunch (aapt == connect).

oooh, tiggy touch-wood here.

> connect is a branch of aapt.

Um ,technically yes. With the exception that Connect and AAPT offer
quite different services (though some over lap - have I contradicted
myself yet?). Connect will actually sell you AAPT competitors products
and in most circumstance I've dealt with connect, they have recommended
the AAPT competitors infrastructure.

I think the general dissemination is that AAPT are a wanna be telco and
Connect are a wanna be ISP.

Still it's a bfw.

--

Cheers,