[chat] Re: [SLUG] IT Jobs

DaZZa wrote:

[moved to slug-chat]

> On Sat, 6 Oct 2001, Minh Van Le wrote:
>
> > Where'd all the IT jobs go ?
> >
> > I skimmed through this week's SMH Careers section and found 1 web
> > development job.
>
> Thank Johnny Howard and his bloody GST.
>
> You can also thank big-ass US companys that thought they were immune to
> economic rationality because they were "dotcoms".

that doesn't change the fact that there's a shortage of IT jobs :) it
would be better to have contributed to employing people with IT skills
than not at all.

i don't know. i think we'd be in a lot worse shape if mr. kim beazley
becomes prime minister. frankly i don't see much leadership in him.

rumour has it that labour would've implemented the GST anyway. howard just
had the balls to do it first and cop all the shit for it.