[chat] Re: [SLUG] List Policy

At 14:26 7/10/01 +1000, invisible ink wrote:
<quote who="Jon Biddell">

> Before you can POST to the list, you must SUBSCRIBE. Maybe relax this rule
> a bit for the chat list, but for the main list I think it's a must.  Will
> help to stop spam as well.

And then we should filter all posts from proprietary mailers...? :)

I'm not sure that limiting posting to subscribers is the best and fairest
solution, but it should be put to the lists and committee.

Agreed

[ btw, when was the last time you received spam to the list? ]

About a week ago - from someone touting "employment opportunities" (i.e. a leech).

The way I look at it if people want to post, they'll be interested enough to subscribe.

Jon