[chat] list mail filter, was Re: [SLUG] IT Jobs

On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, Jamie Wilkinson wrote:

> This one time, at band camp, Rick Moen wrote:
> >begin Gnuthad quotation:
> >
> >> Actually, most (some) people on this list would set their default
> >> reply preference, Reply-To: to the list to avoid getting two copies
> >> of replies, one addressed to them, the other to the list.
> >
> >A cure, for your .procmailrc:
> >
> >:0 Wh: msgid.lock
> >| formail -D 8192 msgid.cache
>
> That's all well and good, Rick, but I'm quite anal about my procmail
> filters, and this rule doesn't do what I'd like if the reply to me arrives
> before the reply to the list -- so I end up getting list mail split between
> my inbox and the list mailbox.

Jamie,
is the problem a race condition between the direct and via-slug copies of
the message? Or is it just that you want all replies to the list mailbox,
even when you are personally addressed?

 Either way, procmail can solve the problem.
You should be able to filter to slug with the ^TO macro.
Or are people using Bcc: ?  In which case '^Subject:.*[SLUG]' would be
useful.

--
Mike Holland  <myk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
			--==--