Re: [chat] Re: [SLUG] IT Jobs

On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 04:16:57AM +1000, Minh Van Le wrote:
> while we're talking about making assumptions, i think you're assuming too
> much that people who post to mailing lists are actually subscribed to the
> list. afaik, it is an -option- to subscribe.

Yes, it is optional, in that you can post without being subscribed.

It is, however, considered rude by many people to repeatedly post
questions to a list without being subscribed to that list.  Lists like
SLUG are a community resource; doing what you're doing takes advantage
of that resource, without giving anything back to the community.  If you
are finding the mailing list helpful (and I presume you are, otherwise
why do you keep posting questions?), you should subscribe and return the
favour to others who how have questions that you can answer.

It wouldn't be offensive if you'd only posted a question once or twice.
Lately you've been regularly making use of the community's goodwill, and
while I don't speak for the community in any way, I find your behaviour
to be extremely selfish.  Especially as virtually none of your questions
are directly related to Linux.

Regards,

-Andrew.