[chat] queuing for processing

This is on AIX so chat it is....

I need to run a process accepting a lot of files and then processing them in an orderly fashion allowing duplicate runs and stopping the queue and then restarting it later to keep the load off during the day.

I was thinking of tapping into the print queue process if I can.
- It has admin tools
- you can assign multiple printers to a single queue
- The concept of constantly adding to the queue is easy
- prioritising certain entries and still handling the non priority stuff is easy.

This is a wonderful idea, is it technically possible? How would I start actually investigating this? Any pointers?

KenF