SLUG Mailing List Archives
[chat] queuing for processing
- To: chat slug <slug-chat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [chat] queuing for processing
- From: Ken Foskey <foskey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Oct 4 23:44:02 2001
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.4+) Gecko/20010914
This is on AIX so chat it is....
I need to run a process accepting a lot of files and then processing
them in an orderly fashion allowing duplicate runs and stopping the
queue and then restarting it later to keep the load off during the day.
I was thinking of tapping into the print queue process if I can.
- It has admin tools
- you can assign multiple printers to a single queue
- The concept of constantly adding to the queue is easy
- prioritising certain entries and still handling the non priority stuff
This is a wonderful idea, is it technically possible? How would I
start actually investigating this? Any pointers?