SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [chat] MS Drops Java Support for WXP
- To: slug-chat@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [chat] MS Drops Java Support for WXP
- From: Jobst Schmalenbach <jobst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu Jul 19 17:41:02 2001
- Organization: Barrett Consulting Group Pty Ltd
- Reply-to: jobst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2.5i
On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 03:57:48PM +1000, Jill Rowling (Rowling@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Well I don't read that into it.
> I see it as being just yet another plugin for IE that you download if you
> need it. I also see it as M$ not wanting to take support calls for someone
> else's bad coding problems.
> There's a lot of major commercial software out there that uses Java (not
> just PC stuff) and it's not going to go away overnight. M$'s fork of Java
> just should not have been around; it fragments things.
The computer is your friend. It never argues until Gates squeezed Chilly through the CDROM door!
__, Jobst Schmalenbach, jobst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Technical Director
_ _.--'-n_/ Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L
-(_)------(_)= +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia