Re: [chat] The latest Microsoft attack

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 02:55:33PM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:

> In what has become somewhat of a habit, Microsoft's latest attack on the
> world of Open Source.  Now we have to choose between running Linux or
> running Windows.  It might scare some, but I know which side of the fence
> I'm going to eat my grass from.
>
> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/htx/zd/20010702/tc/ms_attacks_open_source_1.html
>
> Highlights:
>
> Thou shalt not use this software with the GPL or any other 'potentially
> viral' licences (like Perl).

hmm.  i'm running Excel under win4lin under Linux at the moment.  i
haven't read the article at all, but i wonder whether Microsoft would
constitute this as illegal under their licensing.

the situation is more scary for WINE, actually ...

--
#ozone/algorithm <ozone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          - trust.in.love.to.save