SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [chat] Swordfish a comedy?
- To: Martin <marty@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [chat] Swordfish a comedy?
- From: Alexander Else <aelse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon Jul 23 16:00:02 2001
- Cc: slug-chat@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Martin wrote:
> > but totally devoid of any technical content, but really what do you expect?
> not much unfortunately. i can normally suspend disbelief if the premise is
> remotely possible (eg. sneakers - that "decoding chip"). but when they
the premise of sneakers was that janek has found a new method of factoring
large numbers and the chip is an implementation of it. not too big a stretch
in itself.. they had a consultant in for the cryptography stuff.