SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [coders] code con location scouting
- To: Peter Miller <pmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [coders] code con location scouting
- From: Andreas <electronics45@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 09:46:36 +1000
- Cc: coders@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=vllkfe8osrneP97LTNphtS0ovizf8acUC3iBHlxVzzc=; b=lhpfynsBUdx4oFDXpKWRafxThVM00bx/2IJVJghYmW5d+FePRfh3blqrvgoKTvwKz6 qAbjqyQLJNReKUCU/LdXrhoZQWWbn5uZTgsTRqhP4GjDwf6RxpUQstiRCaof/7hzXkWt vQ/PRvevy3o3SPeg+R0feKz/9Pid22iOa5JEI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=ueR+E7uXLRmrrgR05q2AfWNzciCS9A3rrSlwGa7F++M6xCavDKnhiNGrzm6HDutzOJ OGkfSAyKOW3ywxYK/lQzNJoZ7h1jKBos0OoYV/1jCxdv6RtD+AEBZkG4Nof/JOGmoxzS OE85U+le6IZbg+idJw11Rn1IiRXYSkHMyxmF0=
I hope to come again this year if I can hitch a lift with someone again.
I think all those destinations seem pretty good. The only thing I
would worry about with 5 hours of travel, is that would mean 3 hours
earlier we would have to leave on Sunday which would mean there
wouldn't really be any time for coding before we have to pack up.
The last destination seem like a pretty good deal though (assuming
we'll be near the hotel). At only $35 per car for the weekend, that's
$17.50 if you take a passenger, Plus we get a free wheelbarrow of fire
wood. You just want to take care not to pitch too close to the
compost toilets. :)
2009/6/6 Peter Miller <pmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> you probably meant
> Oh, yeah. I wonder where i pasted the other one from?
>> Regards, Martin
>> On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 11:16 PM, Peter Miller
>> <pmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> If you look here
>> Moonan Brook Forestry Cottage
>> near the beautiful Barrington Tops.
>> it has power, toilets, fireplace and room for 30 people.
>> cost = min(2, nights) * min($150, $90 + $15 * npeople)
>> i.e. $300 divided N ways... if 10 people, $30 each
>> the catch is that it is 5 hours from Sydney by car.
>> ... Newcastle expressway, New England highway thru Singleton
>> to Scone,
>> east (right) onto Hunter Rd and eventually right again onto
>> Moonan Brook
>> It's a bit of a trek. Would any of you come to CodeCon if it
>> was there?
>> I'm still looking for closer places, and "bushier" places.
>> However, the Allyn River looks to have some nice camping
>> beside the
>> river, some places have toilets. It's in the Chichester State
>> Forest so
>> we can take a generator. This would be more like the Olney
>> State Forest
>> a few years back. And it's only 4 hours from Sydney, not 5,
>> Closer to home, there is the private camping area on the
>> Wolgan River
>> just outside the national park, some very scenic walks,
>> including the
>> glow worm tunnel.
>> you get there via Lithgow, 3.5 hours from the CBD.
>> Peter Miller <pmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> /\/\* http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~millerp/
>> PGP public key ID: 1024D/D0EDB64D
>> fingerprint = AD0A C5DF C426 4F03 5D53 2BDB 18D8 A4E2 D0ED
>> See http://www.keyserver.net or any PGP keyserver for public
>> coders mailing list
>> coders mailing list
> Peter Miller <pmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> /\/\* http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~millerp/
> PGP public key ID: 1024D/D0EDB64D
> fingerprint = AD0A C5DF C426 4F03 5D53 2BDB 18D8 A4E2 D0ED B64D
> See http://www.keyserver.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.
> coders mailing list