SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [coders][NRS] 1st night
- To: O Plameras <oscarp@xxxxxxxxxxx>, coders@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [coders][NRS] 1st night
- From: O Plameras <oscarp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 15:49:25 +1000
- User-agent: Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 (X11/20060501)
On Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 13:51:23 +1000, O Plameras wrote:
Matthew Palmer wrote:
It increases complexity, and unnecessary code will also confuse in the
future since a programmer will look at that and think "I think that's
unnecessary, but perhaps there's something special this time that needs
It's special this time here:
while not $stdin.eof do
puts $stdin.readline while not $stdin.eof
Ok, but isn't that very different to using the $stdin.readlines function?
In the context of the two examples above,
$stdin.readline yields the same results as $stdin.readlines.
So, as far as the result of my programs above I see no difference. At this
stage, I do not know if there are any underlying differences. All I know is
that I get the results I expected.