Re: [coders][NRS] 1st night

Benno wrote:
On Fri Jun 16, 2006 at 13:51:23 +1000, O Plameras wrote:
Matthew Palmer wrote:

It increases complexity, and unnecessary code will also confuse in the
future since a programmer will look at that and think "I think that's
unnecessary, but perhaps there's something special this time that needs it".
It's special this time here:

#!/usr/bin/env ruby
while not $stdin.eof do
 puts $stdin.readline

and here:

#!/usr/bin/env ruby
puts $stdin.readline while not $stdin.eof

Ok, but isn't that very different to using the $stdin.readlines function?

In the context of the two examples above,

$stdin.readline yields the same results as $stdin.readlines.

So, as far as the result of my programs above I see no difference. At this
stage, I do not know if there are any underlying differences. All I know is
that I get the results I expected.

O Plameras