SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [activities] IEEE Computer Society (NSW Chapter)
- To: "Mark Phillips" <mark.phillips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [activities] IEEE Computer Society (NSW Chapter)
- From: Blindraven <blindraven@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 18:45:01 +1100
- Cc: Open Source Industry Australia <osia-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, announce@xxxxxxxxxxx, activities@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=ABuGSjuENykkklfi1jJASKXUBtvNc9QywuhcixYSuTc=; b=n0fENx29G3EqFDpoKzJb05ovJBP8bzzBl1oCRrE5QbwZ344CViU7QUTPbL4bcIpc5BM0kK1GmW1jC/8I9VW1iy7uw5b7h+JDEFFX/KNlTZpZC+KEnM9uaWfChMsWWGgi/1aDndFWp7PgEfosu5DqcERXNVY1KBkbLxSJdNcYQkI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=p1h1B65/0S+byqDV6c9CJtZmMX0iEZxuR/A2BMb+Hfyj61BvF0/avkBp6Drj6+8YL42f5WO0YUi/2rnfqS0YUi2NAce1bwt5HX4ui1b4nDWhZ3RTtllRBiHMeiUsMzCWO7+Jd+SG8TGB5lMxRXYQU4izdo8yGU0UGHcdINxTROc=
"The IEEE Computer Society (NSW Chapter) is happen to announce"
Small typo you might wanna fix before you mail that everywhere else :)
On Nov 8, 2007 11:03 AM, Mark Phillips <
Thursday 15th November The IEEE Computer Society (NSW Chapter) will be
holding the first of our bi-monthly seminars ( We hope ).
Our own indomitable Pia will be speaking and so I encourage you all to
attend, if not for the networking opportunities, then to show Open
Source is a presence to be reckoned with.
One of the things we discussed was to open these seminars to anybody who
wants to come along. A sharing of knowledge and interests It is NOT
restricted to IEEE members only, although you are encouraged to join.
And now for the official blurb
The IEEE Computer Society (NSW Chapter) is happen to announce
our end of year seminar. It will be held in the Nicta Seminar
rooms Bay 15 at the Australian Technology Park on Thursday 15th
November. The meeting will be opening at 6:00pm for a 6:30pm
start and everybody and anybody is welcome.
The agenda will be:
"Open Source - The Opportunities for Australia"
by Pia Waugh
"Status of the IEEE Computer Society and our
Plans for the Future."
by Kate Carruthers President IEEE Computer
Society (NSW Chapter)
There will also be an endpoint discussion on how to upgrade to
being a "Senior Member" of the IEEE.
If you plan on attending could you RSVP to
Refreshments will be served.
See you all there!
Subscription info and FAQs:
When one burns ones bridges, what a very nice fire it makes.