SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [activities] Re: Comments on "mailing list policy"
- To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [activities] Re: Comments on "mailing list policy"
- From: Jeff Waugh <jdub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 22:38:09 +1000
- Cc: activities@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-by: Fri May 11 22:34:24 EST 2007
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.13 (2006-08-11)
<quote who="Silvia Pfeiffer">
> We have had multiple incidents of flame wars on the SLUG mailing lists,
> which this has to address.
> One way to address it is that we ultimately warn the people that they will
> lose SLUG membership and be expelled from the mailing list. Since such an
> ultimate consequence is quite substantial, and therefore there may well be
> a case for putting the ground rules of behaviour on SLUG mailing lists
> into the constitution and explaining the consequences.
No, that's not a good rationale for putting it into the constituation (as it
limits adaptation of the policy), but it may be a good rationale for giving
the committee power to expel members... but then, they already have that (if
there is a complaint from the membership).
Ubuntu Live 2007: Portland, OR, USA http://www.ubuntulive.com/
<boc> man i rule
<bram> boc: how do you rule?
<boc> with authority