SLUG Mailing List Archives
[activities] Installfest prep: People
- To: activities@xxxxxxxxxxx, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [activities] Installfest prep: People
- From: Peter Hardy <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:51:33 +1000
- Reply-to: activities@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.7.1 (X11/20040715)
Volunteers needed for the following:
- Room setup and teardown
- Greeting people at the door, helping move equipment around
- Wandering around looking (and being!) helpful. We usually get a
significant number of people just turning up to see what this whole
linux thing is about. Having advocates on hand is useful.
- Brief talks on... stuff. There's no set program yet, I'll do one on
- Some installers, I suppose. :-)
- Oversee network/power/CD burning stuff
Reply to activities if you're planning on coming to help out.
The advertised start time is 9:30. We need as many helpers as possible
to be there from 8:30 to get ready. Coffee will be provided for the hard
of waking (I know I'll be needing it).